Sometimes, for some reason, occasionally I forget whether to chose or choose.
So a reminder post for me:
Choose – pick out or select
- Choose from a choice of options.
- Choose from a selection of alternatives.
- Choose what colour flowers to buy.
- Choose which park we’ll visit today.
Chose – Past tense of ‘choose’. It is an either or selection.
- Kam chose to go to Big Gates not White Wall park.
- Earlier, Kam chose a drink of water instead of milk. Later he might choose to drink a glass of milk.
Now, this is just so obvious. I think it’s the pronunciation of chose and lose that confuses me. I’m glad I’ve written a handy reminder at last.
My other favourite confusions are lose and loose. X
Do you have similar confusing words, let me know …