I get confused between lose and loose. I have no problem with reading them in context.
I’m sure it’s to do with their pronunciation. In my head I try to make the right choice by comparing their sounds with chose and choose.
That’s not the way to do it.
My reminder post:
Lose – sounds like “looozz”. Rhymes with “snooze”
- No longer have something.
- Fail to get or win.
Sometimes, for some reason, occasionally I forget whether to chose or choose.
So a reminder post for me:
Choose – pick out or select
- Choose from a choice of options.
- Choose from a selection of alternatives.
- Choose what colour flowers to buy.
- Choose which park we’ll visit today.