Kam’s question about g force has led me to write about gravity first. The g force post will be our next post.
What is Gravity?
Gravity is the force that keeps us on Earth’s surface.
- Without the force of gravity, we would fall off and float away from beloved planet Earth, with it we are safely grounded.
- When you throw a ball in the air, gravity makes it fall back to Earth, then you can catch it.
- Some objects, like the Earth and the Sun, have more gravity than others.
- Tides are caused by the rotation of the Earth and the gravitational effects of the Moon and Sun.
- Life on Earth could not exist without gravity.