What is plaque?
Plaque is a soft, sticky film that builds up on your teeth and contains millions of bacteria. It is perfectly natural even though it’s unwanted. It is the bacteria in plaque that causes tooth decay and gum disease. To remove it we need to brush and floss twice a day.
When we eat food plaque bacteria uses the sugars and starches in the food to produce acids. This acid eats away at the tooth enamel on our teeth. It can do this because plaque, which contains bacteria and acids, is a sticky substance and adheres to your teeth. If this happens again and again the enamel will break down, eventually resulting in a cavity (or hole) in the tooth surface.
The picture shows you a little boy who has just cleaned his teeth. But, they are bright red, why? He has rinsed a disclosing tablet through his teeth. Areas that are coloured show where plaque remains. Brush them again, to brush the stain off and you’ll be brushing the plaque away too. Yes, we’ll buy some. X